Sunday, February 11, 2007

Not too shabby...

Well, my vacation's about up...only a few short hours left. However, I actually did better than I expected on my to-do list for the week.
  • Spend some quality time with Kaitlin. Check.
  • Clean. Check...maybe not as much as I should have, but nonetheless, "CHECK"!
  • Play 'stay-at-home-mom' and drop Kaitlin off and pick her up from school personally on M, W, & F next week. Check.
  • Visit my Grandma Marcella to collect old photos. Didn't get this one done, but not that I didn't try...unfortunately Grandma wasn't feeling the best this week and wasn't really up for company.
  • Scrapbook. Check.
  • Go out to lunch with my co-workers, Rhnissa & Jeanne, at Mexico Viejo on Monday. Check.
  • Take some pictures!! Check.
  • Visit Shane, Becky & their new baby, Kendra. Check.
  • Blog!! Check. Do you like my new format??
  • Go out to the farm to visit Mom & Dad. Ummm...check. Didn't get out to the farm, but did see them in Sioux Falls yesterday when we all went out to lunch together, so that counts, right?
  • Maybe go to Sioux Falls. Check.
  • Help Kaitlin make her Valentine's for for her friends at daycare and preschool. Check - all 32 two of them for daycare and school.
  • Finish the book I am reading now - The River King - and start the new one that I have waiting - Crow Lake. Check...hey, who cares if I'm only on page 36 of Crow Lake...I only said 'start'.
  • Take Kaitlin to McDonald's for lunch and an afternoon matinee. Check...McDonald's on Wednesday and movie on Saturday.
  • Try not to think about the pile of work that is going to be in my inboxes (physical and email) next week!! Check...but I bet that tomorrow I'll be looking for my next week off! JK!

In addition, I did 6-7 loads of laundry, made a Valentine's Day Bucket for Kaitlin to deliver and receive Valentine's in on Wednesday, and read and ranked 43 essays by high school seniors on the topic of "Have you ever struggled for something and succeeded? What made successful?" OR "Have you ever struggled for something and failed? How did you respond?" for our upcoming Academic Scholarship Day competition. In a fleeting moment of insanity, I volunteered for this job a few years ago and haven't been able to shake it since. Oh, the lives of teenagers!!

Not too shabby...SocialTwist Tell-a-Friend